You can find the PDF version here: Call for Papers
The 8th International Wireless Internet Conference - Symposium on Wireless and Vehicular Communication
13-14 November, 2014 – Lisbon, Portugal
Continuing the tradition of this series of symposia, WiCON 2014 will provide an international technical forum for experts from industry and academia to exchange ideas and present results of ongoing research in most state-of-the-art areas communications, including the ones listed below.
This year, special focus will be on the challenging issues and opportunities related to the Vehicular communication in the era of 5G. You are invited to submit a full paper or a proposal for a panel/invited session, workshop or a tutorial, related to the following topics of interest.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
- Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks Symposium
- Information and Coding Theory Symposium
- Signal Processing for Communications Symposium
- Wireless Communications and Networking Symposium
- Green & Vehicular Communications Symposium
- Network and Information Security Symposium
- Multimedia Communications & Smart Networking Symposium
- Optical Communications and Networking Symposium
- Communication QoS, Reliability & Modeling Symposium
- Cognitive Radio and Networks Symposium
- Communication Software, Services and E-health Symposium
- Industry Networks and Intelligent System Track
Proposals should provide a focused lecture on new and emerging topics within the scope of communications. Accepted and presented technical papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to:
- Prof. Mohammed Atiquzzaman, University of Oklahoma, USA
- Prof. Moustafa Youssef, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology, Egypt
Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted.
Full details of submission procedures are available at: http://wicon.org/2014/show/home
Accepted papers will be published in the Wicon Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines. LNICST volumes are submitted for inclusion to leading indexing services, including DBLP, Google Scholar, ISI Proceedings, EI Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems and EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications.
Full Paper Due
31 July 201430 August 2014
31 July 2014
- Acceptance Notification 22 September 2014
- Camera‐ready Due 6 October 2014