The 8th International Wireless Internet Conference - Symposium on Wireless and Vehicular Communication
The notification deadline for Wicon 2014 was postponed to 14th of October!
Continuing the tradition of this series of symposia, Wicon 2014 will provide an international technical forum for experts from industry and academia to exchange ideas and present results of ongoing research in most state-of-the-art areas of communications. Wicon2014 would like to welcome you to the eccentric and vibrant city of Lisbon. Peaceful by day, full of life by night, a visit to this city would surely be an unforgettable experience to become part of its soul and take a giant leap into the past. Lisbon is a legendary city with over 20 centuries of History, a potpourri of unusual character and charm, where 800 years of cultural influences mingle with modern trends and life styles creating spectacular contrasts.
This year, special focus will be on the challenging issues and opportunities related to the vehicular and communication in the era of 5G. The conference will feature a comprehensive technical program including several Symposia and a number of Tutorials and Workshops. Wicon 2014 will also include an attractive expo program including keynote speakers, various Business, Technology and Industry fora, and vendor exhibits. We invite you to submit your original technical papers, industry fora, workshops, and tutorial proposals to this event.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
- Proceedings will be submitted for indexing by DBLP, Google Scholar, ASTP, ISI, EI Compendex,Scopus and many others.
- The authors of the best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through one of the following EAI endorsed publications:
PLANNED TECHNICAL SYMPOSIA
Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks Symposium
- Prof. Bo Ai. Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Dr. Evariste Logota, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- Prof. Lie-Liang , University of Southampton
- Prof. Tasos Dagiuklas, University of Patras, Greece
Information and Coding Theory Symposium
- Dr. Rong Zhang, University of Southampton, UK
- Dr. Marco Di Renzo, French National Center for Scientific Research, France;
- Prof. Xingcheng Liu, Sun Yat-sen University, China
Signal Processing for Communications Symposium
- Dr. Pei Xiao, University of Surrey, UK
- Prof. Rodrigo de Lamare ,PUC-RIO, Brazil and University of York, UK
- Prof. Dongtang Ma, National University of Defense Technology, China
Wireless Communications and Networking Symposium
- Dr. Ayman Radwan, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- Dr. Kari Leppanen, Huawei, Sweden
- Dr. Constandinos Mavromoustakis, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
Green & Vehicular Communications Symposium
- Prof. Susana Sargento, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
- Dr. George Xilouris, NCSR, Greece
- Prof. Fernando Velez, Universidade da Beira Interior, Portugal
Network and Information Security Symposium - technically sponsored by SMARTVISION project.
- Hugo Marques, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- Dr. Du Yang, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Multimedia Communications & Smart Networking Symposium
- Dr. Emmanouil Kafetzakis, NCSR, Greece
- Dr. Ioannis Giannoulakis, NCSR , Greece
- Kazi Saidul Huq, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Optical Communications and Networking Symposium
- Prof. Antonio Teixeira, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- Prof. Mário Lima, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Communication QoS, Reliability & Modeling Symposium
- Sergey Andreev, Tampere University, Finland
- Henrik Lundqvist, Huawei, Sweden
Cognitive Radio and Networks Symposium
- Prof. Paulo Marques, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Communication Software, Services and E-health Symposium
- Prof. Joel Rodrigues, Universidade da Beira Interior, Portugal
- Prof. Rui Aguiar, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
Industry Networks and Intelligent System Track Co-Chairs:
- Álvaro Gomes, Portugal Telecom Inovação